The Psychology Department is located in Social Sciences 2, Room 273
The key to making the most of your educational opportunities is advising, so it is essential that you seek proper advice. Our faculty, staff advisers and peer advisers play an important role in advising on all aspects of the major.
The following is a brief guide to the kinds of advising available:
Drop-In Advising with Peer Advisers (Not Available During Summer) Will begin again in Fall.
(Please arrive 15 mins prior to the end of Drop-In Advising)
Available Monday through Thursday 9:00-11:45-1:oo-3:45!
Trained peer advisers are able to assist students with:
- personal academic plans
- graduation checks
- general questions about the majors
- major declaration
Peer advisers are also available via email (firstname.lastname@example.org).
Undergraduate advisers are available to assist students with:
- substitutions of transfer courses and EAP courses
- petition approval
- enrollment assistance (click here for initial enrollment assistance information)
- recommendations for courses and faculty to approach for research interests
Undergraduate advisers are also available via email (email@example.com).
Students must attend a Field Study Informational Meeting before making an appointment. For more information about informational meetings please click here.
To schedule an appointment with an Undergraduate Advisor or Field Study Coordinator:
Field Study Coordinator:
- Learn about opportunities beyong the classroom
- Field Study (PSYC 193)
- Research (PSYC 194)
- Instuctional Assistant (PSYC 191A)
- Senior Thesis (PSYC 195)
- Psychology Faculty Office Hours
- Your College Preceptor (http://advising.ucsc.edu/about/colleges-advising/index.html)
- The Navigator (campus handbook) (http://reg.ucsc.edu/navigator/)
- UCSC General Catalog (http://reg.ucsc.edu/catalog)
- Writing Assistance UCSC Writing Program (http://www2.ucsc.edu/writingprogram/)