Regina Day Langhout
|Title||Provost, Oakes College, |
|Division||Social Sciences Division, |
|Department||Psychology Department, |
|Affiliations||Latin American & Latino Studies, |
Community Studies Program,
Critical Race and Ethnic Studies
|Phone||831-459-2535 (Psychology), |
831-459-2769 (Oakes Provost)
|Web Site|| Personal Research Webpage|
Oakes Staff Webpage
|Office||Social Sciences 2, Room 263, |
Oakes, Room 126
|Office Hours||Monday 2-3pm & by appointment (Winter 2017)|
|Campus Mail Stop||Psychology Faculty Services|
|Psychology Department, 1156 High St.|
Santa Cruz, CA
School-community-university collaboration; how schooling experiences are informed by social class, race, and gender; participatory action research
Biography, Education and Training
Ph.D., University of Illinois,Urbana-Champaign
B.A., University of California, Santa Cruz
- Langhout, R.D., Collins, C., & Ellison, E.R. (2014). Examining relational empowerment for elementary school students in a yPAR program. American Journal of Community Psychology, 3, 369-381.
- Fernández, J.S., & Langhout, R.D. (2014). “A community with diversity of culture, wealth, resources, and living experiences:” Defining neighborhood in an unincorporated area. American Journal of Community Psychology, 53(1-2), 122-133.
- Kohfeldt, D.M., & Langhout, R.D. (2012). The 5 whys: A tool for developing problem definitions in collaboration with children. Journal of Community and Applied Social Psychology, 22, 316-329.
- Silva, J.M. & Langhout, R.D. (2011). Cultivating agents of change in children: An ethnographic analysis. Theory and Research in Social Education, 39, 61-91.
- Kohfeldt, D., Chhun, L., Grace, S., & Langhout, R.D. (2011). Youth empowerment in context: Exploring tensions in school-based yPAR. American Journal of Community Psychology, 47, 28-45.
- Dworski-Riggs, D., & Langhout, R.D. (2010). Elucidating the power in empowerment and the participation in participatory action research: A story about research team and elementary school change. American Journal of Community Psychology, 45, 215-230.
- Langhout, R.D. (2003). Reconceptualizing quantitative and qualitative methods: A case study dealing with place as an exemplar. American Journal of Community Psychology, 32, 229-244.
Psych 159H: Community-based Interventions
Psych 159P: Social-Community Psychology in Practice
Psych 182: Advanced Research Methods
Psych 204: Quantitative Data Analysis